Wildlife Concerns

Nuisance Wildlife Removal

Grundy County Animal Control does not handle wildlife removal on private property. There are several wildlife removal businesses in the area that serve Grundy County residents such as:

Chanooka Wildlife Removal
(815) 693-7669

Uncle Fuzz's Varmint Removal
(815) 953-1982

Sick/Injured Wildlife

GCAC is permitted to perform wildlife removal in public areas when the animal shows signs of being injured/sick/posing a physical threat to the public with the exception of white tail deer, migratory birds, endangered/threatened species. For animals that fall outside the purview of GCAC, please contact the Illinois Department of Natural Resources wildlife biologist Matt Hunsaker at (815) 476-7622 or visit https://wildlifeillinois.org/.